Sunday, January 18, 2009

Three Nails!!


Three nails and nine words! "I believe Jesus Christ is the son of God"! A slow walk from a beaten bleeding man.... being cursed and mocked. Spit on yelled at, stumbling on uneven stone, beat some more....eyes blurred my guess is seeing double. So thirsty and yet through this all continued to walk. He could have sent legions of angels to destroy anyone who whispered a cross word. But he kept walking, falling in pain. He got to the place they call Golgotha, they lay down what we call a tree. But it was two heavy splintered pieces of wood bound together to make a cross. Naked being striped of his cloths with bleeding open wounds, fear and anger PAIN. They stretched out his wounded body with a huge strike they drove the first nail through his wrist and my guess a few more to be sure it was secure in the wood. then repeated it on the other arm. They took his feet I assume together with a jumping thrust my guess they started the third nail through his two ankles, hammering until secure. They stood this "tree" we call it with such a delicate nature, up my guess is jostling the worn injured bleeding body of Christ. With a mighty final thrust. Leaving this frail man to be suffocated after many hours of more taunting and deprived of drink. Christ's lowered his head letting the world know it was finished. My savior my Lord endured that for me. For you, for all who believe in him. I in the words of Paul am the worst sinner. I am human and fall short in may different ways each day. I am given chance after fighting chance to prove my self worthy and fall short each time. But are you not glad of the words over and over from Christ. 1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. I am amazed "faithful and Just", he told us this is what he would do and no matter how much or how many times, just confess and with your heart be sorry. Leave it be he says. Leave it to him. Faithful and Just, do believe that? We sin and sin over and over many times the same sin we just asked to be abolished. Faithful and Just he calls it. Call upon him for forgiveness and he was already there ready. You know I am so glad for this, could you imagine if your salvation was judged or given to you by the law of man. By man who himself repeatedly ask for Gods grace and forgiving hand, is ready to condemn many times upon first mistake. These things will not change man from the begging of time has seen the splinter in ones eye but ignored the log in his own. Mat. 7-15. I don't share with you today a personal story to parallel this lesson as there are far to many. I like Paul am the worst sinner. Today don't reflect your own personal stories either Christ said bring it to my feet with a believing heart and leave it. Don't dwell don't revisit it. So do that reflect on how grateful you are for Gods forgiving grace. Three nail's nine words and the death of the only perfect man= I Am Free! Will you please pray with me? "God in times of our shortcomings we come to you and ask forgive us Lord. We sometimes feel this is the majority of our conversations with you, and start to feel remorse, I am thankful Lord for your grace. Thank you for enduring such great pain for me Lord, and watching me day in and out commit the same sins over and over. Lord I pray with thanksgiving to you today for these gifts you give us. I pray for strength to share these gifts and to have forgiveness in my heart like you do for me. Lord bless me with strength, guide me with it help me keep faith with it and help me share you with others through it. Dry mine eyes Lord lift my head to worship you no matter where my feet may be. It is with this ultimate sacrifice and your grace that these words are able to fall upon your ears Christ in your name Amen".

No comments:

Post a Comment