Sunday, January 4, 2009




God's Will- Dec.8, 2008 Eric Morris
I heard a song the other day by Martina McBride titled “Gods Will”. She states she’s been Searching praying looking reading. She’s been fighting wondering thinking lost working wounded jaded hated loved. But is was not until she was still did she know Gods Will. This song could not have drifted into my life at a better time. I have recently been blessed with some time to be still. I to have found Gods will. When at last I stopped the ever fast paced thoughts and exercise of my mind was I able to hear God. He has always been talking leading guiding and watching, I just was not still and haven’t listened. We all have busy lives these days with work and school and life’s many challenges that cause us to be on the move and our minds to never stop and hear the laugh of a child the song of a bird or the word and will of God. When you stop the gears in your head, and surrender your soul to God, you are able to hear the words and direction that are being given. In the gospel of John it says “Be still and wait on the Lord”. The dire need for stillness is so that we know Gods will, in Eph. 5:17 it tells us to know Gods will. 1 Th. 4:3 it tells us we should be sanctified and avoid immorality. By no means is God telling us to stop praying, reading, and working. But take time for the Lord to stop and be still quiet and aware so you may hear his will. Ask all things to be given and done with his will. The ease and peace will be a welcomed change in your life. “ Lord I pray that you teach me to be still and wait on you. Father I thank you for down times welcomed and not so welcomed, I may not understand Lord the ruff low spots I find myself in but am thankful again that its here I am reminded not my will but yours Lord. Times get ruff and I get busy but with times like these I find a gentle and sometimes tough love reminder I’m not as busy as I should be doing your will. I pray Lord that I am working as you wish for me to complete my worldly task you have planned for me. I love you lord. Forgive me where I fall short. Help me to Hear you lord with your ears see you with your eyes and speak of you to others with your tongue and tend to my life and the lives of others with your Heart. I ask all these things with in your sons name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment