Sunday, January 18, 2009

God's Gifts


Don't you enjoy getting gifts? Better yet my favorite is giving gifts. What are your favorite gifts? Is it a piece of jewelry, cloths a picture? Forgiveness, everlasting life, unending love,flowers, rain, sunshine? I could go on and on. God gives some of the most wonderful gifts and in my opinion the best gifts I have ever received. What are your special God given gifts? we are all blessed with the gifts of God in the world of creation, and in his wonderful promises. But what did he give you and only you? The ability to cook, to draw to speak? The gift of listening? Do you know what it is God has blessed you with? If you do know or you think you know, what are your plans for it? Do you think you knew but then up popped a new talent? Do you think God only gives us one gift? Maybe you have never taken the time to think about what your spiritual gifts are? Maybe you have but gave up on trying to find out where you may use them because you don't understand how it fits in to Gods plan. Galatians 6:4 says "make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then seek yourself into that". It talks about work, you have a job you go to each day, sometimes or many times really people are working not using there talents. Going to work where better money may be? Or you have just not discovered yet what the gifts of God in your life are? You know what you are good at, 1 Tim. 4:14 says do not neglect the gifts in you. My mom wrote a baby book for handicapped children years ago. She wrote this book to document the special times of children with handicaps because they happen at different times than children who develop at what we call a normal speed. This book came without ever thinking she may be a writer you see my mom and step dad adopted twins with special needs and found themselves frustrated without a book to record all the special events of my sisters. You see God gave us the gift of the special girls which I will write about another day, but blessed my mom with the gift of creating this book. My mom did not ever think she may be an author but God spoke to her and told her what to do to help others. When we use these gifts we make God smile. But if you don't use these gifts or give and effort to find out what they are even is as if you are refusing a gift from God? Could you imagine if you got someone a gift and they did not want it? What would you do how would you feel? I don't think you would intentionally shun Gods gifts. But don't enjoy some of Gods gifts without making use of the ones he gives you to do his work. Share them and with a smile do Gods work. Lets pray, "Lord I thank you so much for my many talents. I do hope Lord I make you proud when I use them, and I hope I use them in accordance to the way you'd have me use them. Lord help me find ways to use them more often and to become better at them. I thank you Lord for all the gifts you bless this world with, the beauty, you could have made everything 2-d and in black and white but you didn't. You could have made every flower smell the same and yet you didn't. Thank you Lord for these gifts and for the ability to make you smile when I use them. Forgive me where I fall short Lord. Help me to see the world with eyes like yours prejudice free, help me to hear the world with ears like yours with love. Help me to speak to the world with your tongue softly and gently. Lord I do hope your face lights up when I exercise the gifts you packed in me. Forgive my sins and it is through Christ's most holly name I pray Amen".

No comments:

Post a Comment