Sunday, January 4, 2009




Faith without works? December 26, 2008--Eric Morris
Faith is something we practice each day. We have faith the car behind us when on approach will stop before hitting our car. We have faith in the phone we dial on will connect to the other party, we have faith God hears when we ask for his answers. You see we fall short without realizing it many times a day however. We pray to our father and ask him to take our sin heal our sick and guide us in life. WE fret all day and some days for days at a time on these request we have made known to God. I want you to know this, God gets angry with us, he sees this act as distrust. We give him a burden and ask for his help and we can not even trust enough to let it go, as if we have a need for control, fooling ourselves that we are in control. Keeping these sins these burdens in your heart and on your mind my friends are keeping them alive! Keeping your sights off God, altering your salvation. Let go and let God! We learn lessons each day sometimes more than just one a day hahha, and as we learn, and think we have grown we are tested to see if we really learned that lesson. I believe the lesson of faith is no different. We will be tested to see if we have learned how to have faith. Which takes me to my next point , My uncle mark wrote a song about faith without works is like a screen door on a submarine. Do you see a use for a screen door on a submarine? I hardly think it would be effective actually think of, the despair it could cause. Faith without works is useless. Share this faith with the world your neighbor your family, your co worker. Faith without works is dead. You may say but I do not understand over and over the Bible says through your faith you are saved. Romans 4 says Abraham was justified by…. FAITH. Romans 3 says no man is justified by works. But it dose say in James 2:20 faith without works is dead. This means you may claim to have saving faith and live with this in your heart however if you are not living proof of your faith where is your salvation? Your faith should manifest itself and others should see living proof of it. The Lord knows we are but dust weak and fall short God never leaves our side and is there to strengthen and continue to teach us when at first we do not learn any lesson. Have steadfast faith and let it be evident to the world you are saved! “ lord God hear my prayer and I am thankfull Lord you do hear my prayers. Lord I pray to have faith like paul and like Abraham, let me not only have this saving faith in my heart but on my lips lord and let me teach others how to have the same kind of faith. Like Jacob and Isaac let me stand fast and wait on you lord and know you will come to claim me. Please Lord let me hear when you return that you found me with this faith and let all who see me Lord know I have faith. Let me hear the needs of the world with your ears so I may be a helpful servant let me speak of you with a Christ like tongue and understand with a heart like yours. It is through your holy name I pray Lord Amen”.

No comments:

Post a Comment