Sunday, January 4, 2009


Broken roads. Dec.9 2008- Eric Morris
Rascal Flatts is one of my favorite groups, not only are they from my home town their music really speaks to me. One of my favorite songs is “God Bless The Broken Road”. The song talks about God blessing the broken road that led me straight to you. I have heard this song in many ways in my life the past few years. These days man I really hear it!! God Bless that road that led me to rock bottom and right back to salvation. Just when you think you have things figured out Hahaha. When you think you have found after that broken road the one or the thing that makes your heart whole which I have so many times, you find yourself back on that bumpy broken road, it says others were northern stars leading me to where you are leading me on my way. You know its true God sure lets you think you are in total control huh. Funny thing is this broken road sure dose lead somewhere! No fear, I bet you will find it surprising where and who’s waiting on that road. I thank God for the marvelous wonders in my life. After all the searching and all the times on the broken road I found he was the one waiting there for me and I kept walking still looking for my destination, that special one, who knew I was walking by him all along. Its that bright northern star that makes the best guide right. So now that road still may be pretty bumpy but at least you know you are not walking alone. Some of us find that special some one to walk this world with others simply cling to the hand of our Lord and listen carefully he has special direction for you. It is the very reason this road continues to seem broken. In fact when you stop in the stillness you see this road is not broken at all it’s the will of God and you are going to find your soul and your heart will be made whole. It really is a great relationship. So I too say again “God, Oh God bless this broken road that led me straight to you, all others and all my situations were like my northern stars leading straight back to you”. ---”Lord I thank you so much for all you do for me and the journeys you have delivered me through. Lord I thank you for all my very special friends and my family who like you in a way stand by me through these journeys good and bad. Lord I am so grateful to know a fulfilled sprit, heart, and soul. Lord I pray that I am able to see my way on this road I walk and when the roll is called up yonder I am seen as a fisher of man walked on your highway knowing I am of sin set free thank you for these words from such a young age that lead me today as I go. Lord let me walk this journey with your strength, listen with your ears lord, see my way with your eyes and help give direction with your compass. Forgive me Lord when I veer off the path. Through your sons name father I am blessed to be able to ask these things.- Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment